Help Articles

  • 20 Who pays the cost of medical assessments for personal injury claims?

    Claimants often ask us why solicitors want access to medical records, why they should be required to undergo a specialist medical assessment of their injuries and who will pay for it. Medical evidence wins claims To be in a position to succeed with a claim for personal injury compensation, claimants need to prove certain things. … Continued

  • 0 Solicitors CFA paperwork. What are the forms of authority I am signing?

    Following initial medical treatments after an accident, those wishing to pursue a personal injury compensation claim usually instruct a specialist personal injury solicitor to run the claim for them. To make a formal instruction to a specialist personal injury solicitor, the claimant has to sign a conditional fee agreement (CFA).  A CFA is the formal term for “no win no … Continued

  • 0 Our no win no fee injury claims process – a step by step view

    If you are about to instruct a personal injury solicitor or regulated claims management company to pursue a claim for personal injury compensation you will have a large selection of companies to choose from.  The majority provide a great service and their work meets the needs of their claimant.  Despite this, you will still want to … Continued

  • 0 Living normally and claiming personal injury compensation

    Many claimants are still suffering from the symptoms of their injuries during the process of claiming personal injury compensation and are not sure how best to go about life and pursuing their regular day-to-day activities, hobbies or pastimes. Are you being watched? In an effort to reduce the chances of a fraudulent or dishonest claimant … Continued

  • 4 Industrial injury claims and limitation periods – how do they work?

    Usually with compensation claims you have 3 years from the date of your accident, or until your 21st birthday, to register your claim.  If you fail to do so and the deadline passes, you will be unable to seek a personal injury compensation settlement in respect of your injuries and losses. This limitation period is widely accepted … Continued

  • 0 What you should expect from your personal injury solicitor

    Having dealt with thousands of personal injury claimants over the years, I’ve learned that the majority have the same questions, concerns and worries about how the claims process works, and indeed whether or not they should pursue their claim for compensation. One of the most important aspects of the whole process is the relationship you … Continued

  • 13 Can I claim personal injury compensation for my child?

    In most circumstances, when anyone is making a claim for personal injury compensation after an accident that was not their fault, they will deal with it themselves. However, in the case of a son or daughter, elderly parent or any vulnerable person that is unable to cope with such matters alone, people are often unsure … Continued

  • 28 Should I talk about my compensation claim with my employer?

    If you are considering whether to make a claim for personal injury compensation after an accident at work, you may wonder if you need to discuss the claim with your employer. The decision as to whether or not you should inform your employer that you have made a claim is for you to make. There is no … Continued

  • 4 Can I claim for psychological trauma after a motorcycle accident?

    Apart from a high likelihood of suffering serious physical injuries, anyone in a motorcycle accident faces the prospect of suffering from post-accident stress or psychological trauma – commonly known as PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). In many circumstances, the time taken for a person to recover from psychological injuries can be far longer than the process of … Continued

  • 14 Claiming from CICA, the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority

    Many people are unaware that if you are an innocent victim of a crime and you are injured as a result of being involved in a crime, you are well within rights to claim for compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) is run by the government and it … Continued

Chat with us for friendly, expert advice 01225 430285