If you suffer an injury as a result of a slipping accident that was not your fault, you can pursue a no win no fee claim for injury compensation. It doesn’t really matter what you slipped on, whether it’s a wet floor at work, a substance or spillage or because of a loose item on a floor. If your claim succeeds, you will obtain a compensation settlement. The value of your injury claim settlement payment will cover the pain and discomfort caused by your injuries along with any loss of income or other losses.
Although slipping accidents often seem innocuous, many people come to Direct2Compensation because of a serious injury caused by a slip. Common slipping injuries include ligament and soft tissue injuries to the ankles, knees, back, shoulders and arms. If you are making a claim for injury compensation after a slipping accident, you will want to have the best chance of winning your claim. With Direct2Compensation, we can help you get the right specialist solicitor to give you the very best opportunity to succeed with your claim. However, there are some important things that any person injured in a slipping accident will need to demonstrate in order to be able to succeed with their claim. Here we give you 5 top tips to help give you the maximum prospects of succeeding with your claim.
- Recording. Make sure that you report your accident at the earliest opportunity. Ideally, you should report your accident, any injuries and definitely the cause of your slip immediately. The details should be recorded properly within an accident book or other similar incident reporting system. Make sure you note the cause of your slip and the lack of hazard warning signs etc.
- Witness details. If you slip in a public place, it is embarrassing. However, people are caring and will want to help you. If anyone helps you because you have been injured in a slipping accident, please get their name and contact number – if you possibly can. This will greatly help your claim and provide additional evidence to support your claim.
- Photographic evidence. We realise that this might not be possible. If you are in serious immediate pain and discomfort, you’re unlikely to be thinking about taking a photograph of a wet floor, a spillage or a loose item on the floor. However, if you can take a photo or two on your smart phone or other camera, it may be really useful in forcing the 3rd party to admit liability.
- Doctors & Hospitals. Make sure that you see your GP, or attend A&E at the earliest opportunity. As soon as you are aware of any injury that is not simply a minor bruise, you should seek medical attention. To have the best chance of succeeding with a slipping accident compensation claim, it is important to be able to provide the medical evidence needed to support your claim. A lack of medical evidence may undermine your claim for injury compensation.
- Expenses. Keep a record of any expenses you incur as a result of injuries caused in a slipping accident. When claiming slipping accident compensation, you will be able to make a claim for lost income and other expenses which is known as a special damages claim. If you have receipts for costs such as prescriptions, taxi fares, parking costs, care or any other cost you have incurred, you may be able to claim those costs back. If you are unable to work because of your injuries and do not receive sickness pay, you may well be able to reclaim any lost income alongside a settlement to cover the pain and discomfort caused by your injuries.
If you have been injured in a slipping accident, contact us to find out how Direct2Compensation can help. Making a claim is easy and we can help you get the justice you deserve.