Industrial Disease Compensation Claims

4 questions have been answered below, why not ask your own?

If you have been diagnosed with a health condition that is linked to your working life, you can make a claim for industrial illness or injury compensation on a no win no fee basis.  A successful claim for industrial disease compensation can provide a settlement that can help cover the fact that a claimants ill health leaves them unable to work. People in such circumstances can also claim disability benefits.

Claims can be made when the illness is diagnosed and linked to the work you performed during your working life, the conditions in which you were working and the level of health and safety management of your workplace at the time. Common claims for industrial illnesses or injury compensation include: asbestosis, industrial deafness, asthma, chronic bronchitis, mesothelioma, pneumoconiosis, tenosynovitis, tendonitis, and silicosis.

Industrial deafness claims are made when people suffer a loss of hearing, usually in later life which was caused by being exposed to excessive noise at work without provision of ear defenders or advice to use such protection. To make a claim for industrial deafness compensation, claimants will need to have a hearing test that checks their level of hearing loss and can provide the relevant medical evidence to support a claim. Claims can be made years after leaving your employment when a diagnosis has been made. Claims can even be made if a company has ceased trading, merged or gone in to administration.

A well known industrial illness that leads to claims for compensation arises from exposure to asbestos particles without protective breathing apparatus. This condition is called mesothelioma, an aggressive and often terminal cancer. One good bit of news for mesothelioma sufferers came when a court action was made against the government’s decision to enforce a mandatory 25% deduction from compensation settlements towards the costs of the claimants action. The court found in favour of those  making claims for mesethelioma compensation and found that they should not have to contribute 25% of any settlement that they receive for their claim towards the costs of the claim. This means that should they win, they can retain 100% of any settlement awarded to them.

If you or a family member has been diagnosed with an industrial injury or illness, there is a legal right to make a claim for compensation. If this applies to you, don’t delay your claim. Contact us today and let us help you get the right expert solicitor to pursue a claim for compensation for you.

4 questions have been answered below, why not ask your own?

Leave a question

Please note we can only deal with claims within the UK legal system. Your question will appear once approved and we'll answer it as soon as we can. Your email address will not be published, your name will, so feel free just to use a first name.

Questions & Answers

  1. Nelli

    I have been working in a company for over 14years.
    I’m battling with carpel tunel syndrome and spondylolisthesis. The pain is so excruciating that the doctors have had to step up the pain killer administered to me. Which I take to get through the day at work. I have a doctors report for it.
    How do i go about it with my HR because I don’t know how long i can go on living with the pain

    • Ian Morris

      Alongside reporting the issues you are having to your employers HR department, you should carefully consider making a claim for carpal tunnel syndrome compensation. You must make a claim within 3 years of the date at which you became aware of, or ought to have known of the condition you were suffering. Generally speaking this will be when you first developed pain that was sufficiently serious for you to need to see your GP.

      We work with specialist Solicitors who are experts in making claims for repetitive injuries – such as carpal tunnel syndrome. If you would like to discuss your situation and get further advice about what to do with your employers and a potential claim for compensation, please call us on 01225430285.

  2. John

    Retired 4 years ago come October, can I claim now for asthma after working for 50 years in furniture factory as a wood machinist?

    • Ian Morris

      You do have a right to make a claim for an industrial related illness – such as industrial asthma. However, you must make a claim within 3 years of the date at which your symptoms became apparent.

Direct2Compensation Personal Injury Claims

Speak with a claims expert

We're happy to answer any questions you might have, or let you know if you are eligible to claim. Just fill out the form below. You can also call us on 01225 430285.