Ligament Injury Compensation Claims

6 questions have been answered below, why not ask your own?

Ligament injuries can be very painful and cause a considerable loss of mobility to the person suffering as a result.  In the more severe of cases, injury compensation claimants making a claim after suffering ligament injury will require surgery to properly recover.  Medical experts and specialist injury compensation solicitors will refer to ligament injuries as soft tissue injuries.

Ligament injury claims are commonly associated with slipping and tripping accidents.  For example, when someone slips on a wet floor at work, or within a supermarket, they are likely to sprain an ankle or knee and in doing so over-stretch the ligaments and suffer a tear or stretch. The same kind of injury can be caused by tripping in a pothole.

Our specialist no win no fee injury compensation solicitors can help you claim a compensation settlement that includes a value for the extent and severity of your ligament injury as well as covering lost wages, unused gym memberships and costs for care and support from a loved one or other carer, for example.

Who can claim ligament injury compensation?

Any person who is caused to suffer a ligament injury through the negligence of someone else (an organisation, business, workplace or public venue) can make a claim for injury compensation.  As with all claims for injury compensation, a claimant will succeed if it can be proven that they have been exposed to the risk of injury because of the negligence of others.

In slipping accidents, a ligament injury victim will usually have a valid slipping accident claim if there is no hazard warning sign present, or if it can be shown that the company, business or people responsible for the location have failed to ensure that the area is safe and fit for purpose.

It can be difficult to succeed with tripping accident compensation claims, which is why it is important to instruct a specialist injury compensation company like Direct2Compensation to manage your claim for you. Read our article about proving liability in tripping accident claims to find out more about winning a tripping accident claim.

Any person wishing to claim ligament injury compensation will also have to provide medical evidence to support their claim and must have seen their doctor or visited a hospital for medical treatment.

If you are injured in a slipping accident, always make sure that you report the details of your accident to the right people, that will usually be your supervisor if you slip on a wet floor at work. If you slip in a shop, report the matter to customer services and make sure that the details of your accident are recorded within an accident book. You should also ensure that you seek professional medical attention from your GP or local A&E Department so that the details of any injury are recorded on your medical records.  This will provide the evidence you need to support your claim for injury compensation and give your solicitor the best chance of succeeding with your claim.

Recover sooner by claiming

Recovering from ligament injuries can take many months and in some cases require surgery. When the severity of a ligament injury is worse, the value of your claim will increase accordingly. One thing that is common across all claimants of injury compensation is that they want to recover quickly and return to their usual activities.  With this in mind, it is important to avoid delaying any claim you wish to make as not only can making a claim quickly help to ensure the best chance of a positive outcome, it may also help you to recover more quickly.

The reason for this is that alongside claiming a compensation settlement, your solicitor will also look to obtain specialist rehabilitation therapies at the expense of the defendant for you. Claiming injury compensation isn’t all about money, in many cases it is about getting the right medical and rehabilitation therapies as quickly as possible. One of the things that makes Direct2Compensation so special is that we look to help our injury compensation claimant clients get medical treatment as well as financial compensation settlements.

If you have been injured in a slipping accident and wish to claim injury compensation, contact us today.  We can explain the steps of our claims process and help you to understand how no win no fee works.

How can Direct2Compensation help?

Direct2Compensation can ensure that you have the best chance of succeeding with a ligament injury compensation claim.  We will help you to find the right specialist injury compensation solicitor and ensure that you know how to maximise the value of your claim.

Alongside helping to ensure that you are fairly compensated financially for your injuries and also for any special damages, our expert solicitors will look to obtain specialist rehabilitation therapies at the cost of the defendant for you. This can help you recover more quickly and enable you to return to normal life sooner.

Remember, with Direct2Compensation we offer a fully compliant no win no fee claims service for you. You have nothing to worry about in terms of costs as if your claim fails, you will never have to pay a penny. To find out more about your compensation rights or to start your ligament injury claim today, call us on 01225 430285 or if you prefer, we can call you back.

In just a few minutes on the telephone with you, we’ll obtain the initial information needed for our solicitors to commence a claim. We understand your needs and know your rights and will help you get the justice you deserve.

6 questions have been answered below, why not ask your own?

Leave a question

Please note we can only deal with claims within the UK legal system. Your question will appear once approved and we'll answer it as soon as we can. Your email address will not be published, your name will, so feel free just to use a first name.

Questions & Answers


    I had an Rta and fractured my scaphoid in my wrist. In was in cast for 11 weeks. Then the MRI showed scaplounate ligament tear. I now need to have reconstruction surgery. I have been off work since Nov 18 and still off. I am a nurse and worried I will never fully recover. As the stiffness and pain is severe already. And surgery is post the 4-6 recommended time frame for full recovery.
    I also have whiplash, shoulder joint and hip pain through the RTA.

    How much wud u think my claim was worth pls?

    Thank you.

    • Ian Morris

      It would be misleading and dishonest for us to assign a claim valuation to you on the basis of your description of the injuries and situation in which you find yourself due to the Road Traffic Accident in which you were injured. Anyone who offers a valuation without having seen the medical experts report regarding the injuries, required treatment and long term prognosis would be guessing and providing you with false information.

      What we can say is that on face value, any settlement that you may obtain if you do pursue a claim for compensation would likely be substantial. The settlement should include the long term impact of the injury to your thumb and wrist and how it may impact on your work and your career prospects. Given that you have required reconstructive surgery, it is likely that you will face some permanent implications from the injuries sustained. You also mention other soft tissue injuries caused in this accident which would be reflected in any settlement your claim for compensation could receive. You would also be entitled to recover lost income or incurred costs relating to this injury if you succeed with a claim for compensation.

      If you are not already pursuing a claim, it would be sensible to avoid any further delay and start your claim now.

  2. joan coverley

    hello I was walking my dog and went over and fell down a small hole in the road …when I got to hospital shook up and in a lot of pain. I just told the triage nurse I had fallen while walking the dog I never mentioned the hole I went over in. can I still claim or will this be on my notes ? regards mrs joan coverley

    • Ian Morris

      Dear Joan

      Hi, you raise an interesting point regarding medical records and their importance in the personal injury compensation claims process. Anyone making a claim for personal injury compensation will have to demonstrate that they have been injured sufficiently to warrant making a No Win No Fee claim. In most cases, a claimants medical records are obtained by their Solicitor to be used to prove the extent of an injury.

      Whilst you haven’t directly advised the Hospital of the exact cause of your injuries, this is unlikely to matter when it comes to pursuing a claim for personal injury compensation. In your case, it sounds as if you would be making a claim for tripping accident compensation against the Highways Department of the local authority responsible for the area or land where you fell. For you, it is important to prove that a hazard exists on a footpath or road and that the local authority Highways team should have identified and removed the hazard during a routine inspection. You have medical evidence to confirm that you were injured and with our help you could attempt to pursue a claim for compensation.

      In the first instance, it would be very helpful if you could re-visit the accident site and obtain some photographic evidence of the hazard. This protects your interests if the hazard is subsequently repaired and removed. To find out more about tripping accident compensation and to see examples of useful accident site photographs, visit our page about tripping accident compensation.

      Once you have taken some photographs, you should then contact the relevant local authority to report your accident and the hazard that caused them. You should then contact us to discuss this with you in greater detail, with a view to helping you pursue a claim for compensation on a No Win No Fee basis.

      We look forward to hearing from you.

      Yours sincerely

      Ian Morris

  3. Matthew

    Hi i was at work 2 weeks ago doing groundworks jumped down the hole we dug and broke my ankle i work through an agency so im not sure what to do. I dont really want to make a claim but bills still need to be payed im getting paid ssp from the agency

    • Ian Morris

      Hi Matthew

      Thank you for your comment. Your predicament is common amongst many accident at work compensation claimants – should I claim or not?! In your case, if you feel that your injuries were caused because of the negligence of your employer or the firm that the agency who employ you have contracted you to work for, then you have every right to try to claim compensation to cover your injuries and more importantly your lost wages.

      We would be more than happy to help you claim compensation and can link you with a specialist injury compensation solicitor.

Direct2Compensation Personal Injury Claims

Speak with a claims expert

We're happy to answer any questions you might have, or let you know if you are eligible to claim. Just fill out the form below. You can also call us on 01225 430285.