Car Accident Compensation Claims


Compensation is fully justified if you’ve been injured in a car crash. Whether as a driver, passenger or pedestrian, if the accident was not your fault, you are entitled to make a claim. Your insurance company will not pursue this for you nearly as effectively as a solicitor who specialises in such claims. We work on a no win no fee basis, meaning there’s no financial risk to you if you don’t win.

If you’ve been injured as a driver or passenger on the road in an accident that wasn’t your fault, we can help you to claim the car accident compensation you are entitled to. Claims can be made for a range of physical and psychological injuries, not just whiplash. And the cause of the accident need not be another vehicle, it could equally be a faulty traffic light or road surface.

What can you claim for?

You can claim compensation for personal injury and other suffering, associated costs and losses, and the guilty party is liable to pay all your treatment bills and professional charges. If the person who caused the accident is insured you can make a claim against the insurers, otherwise the claim will be made against the Motor Insurance Bureau. If the accident was caused by the road surface itself, it may be possible to make a claim against the Highways Agency.

When the initial evidence has been collected your solicitor will be able to let you know the likely level of compensation you can expect for your claim. If you have suffered injuries that leave you unfit to drive, they may well be able to arrange for you to receive private medical treatment such as physiotherapy or osteopathy. Again, this would be at no cost to you as it would be charged to the liable 3rd party on top of and above any injury compensation settlement.

Your solicitor will advise you what expenses you can claim but these are likely to include some or all of the following:

  • Lost earnings if you have been away from work as a result of the accident
  • Car hire
  • Car repairs
  • Treatment for your injuries
  • Miscellaneous expenses (bus fares, painkillers etc)

What about my insurance company?

Insurance companies may not be your ally or friend when settling a claim, especially when it comes to car accident compensation. Very often we tend to forget that insurance companies are also businesses, and there are real chances that they might de-value your claim and let you settle for a lesser amount.

As it can be difficult to make a claim against the insurance company and the amount of compensation you can claim depends on certain facts and data, it really is best to appoint a specialist solicitor in order to win your claim and get the compensation you deserve. They will know the ins and outs of any problems you may face in your case and help you find potential sources of injury and liability and a well defined course of action, which can help your finances immensely. If you have been in an car accident, there could be a number of people and organisations you could have taken a legal stance against.

How to make a successful car accident claim

There are a few guidelines that should be followed to ensure the success of your compensation claim. To better your case, submit complete contact details of the eye-witnesses to the incident and if possible, take photographs of the crash site. If you wish to claim prescription costs and travelling expenditure too, you must also keep receipts as proof.

Doctor bills and certificates are extremely important since they will be the main evidence of any physical injuries you might have incurred during the accident. Also, doctors’ reports which state how your injuries have been sustained and how they are affecting your life.

In order for your compensation claim to be successful, be sure to get witness testimonies from people that saw the car accident and can vouch for you. Witness testimonies will play a pivotal role and guarantee the authenticity of your claim. You should also bring in car damage certificates. This can be done with the help of photographs and expert testimonies on the damage incurred by the vehicle in question.

Examples of car accident claims

Direct 2 Compensation has dealt with hundreds of car accident compensation claims, from rear end shunts to high impact, full frontal collisions. Our experience, and that of our expert personal injury solicitors, means that whatever the circumstances of the accident we know how to help you win your claim. Here are just a few example car accident claims we have dealt with:

Rear end shunt accident

Mr Y was waiting at a roundabout for the traffic to clear so he could carry on with his journey. Whilst waiting Miss X drove into the rear of his vehicle. Mr Y’s car was pushed forward at speed and suffered severe rear end damage. Mr Y sustained a severe neck strain (often referred to as a whiplash injury).

At the scene of the accident Miss X admitted the accident had been her fault, but soon afterwards she claimed Mr Y had actually reversed into her. However, the specialist solicitor at Direct2Compensation soon obtained enough witness evidence to discredit Miss X’s allegations, leading to her insurance company settling Mr Y’s car accident claim in full.

Head on collision

Mrs A was travelling along a B road at approximately 40mph one winter’s night. Suddenly a car travelling in the opposite direction came around a corner at speed.  The driver of the oncoming car was going so fast that he could not stay on his side of the road. He collided head on with Mrs A’s vehicle, which was pushed off the road. Despite the obvious damage to the vehicles, the other driver did not stop at the scene of the accident but fortunately a vehicle travelling behind Mrs A saw everything and called the police.

Mrs A suffered severe injuries, including a fractured sternum (chest bone), a severe neck injury and various cuts and bruises. With our help she was compensated for her losses, suffering and medical treatment.

Side road car accident

Mrs C was travelling along a main road, when Mrs K pulled out and collided with the side of Mrs C’s brand new BMW. Mrs C suffered relatively minor soft tissue injuries but was more upset by the damage to her new car. Fortunately, she contacted Direct 2 Compensation and we were quickly able to replace her car with a hire car of the same specification. The cost of the replacement hire was covered by Mrs K’s insurers, which also paid for the repairs to Mrs C’s car and compensated her for her injuries. Mrs C was soon back driving her car, which was as good as new.

Let us help you with your claim

If you have suffered as a result of a car crash, your compensation claim will be in safe hands with Direct2Compensation. Our claims process gives you peace of mind that you are never liable for any costs should your claim fail to succeed.

To find out more about your compensation rights or to start your car accident claim today, call us on 01225 430285 or if you prefer, we can call you back. In just a few minutes on the telephone with you, we’ll obtain the initial information needed for our solicitors to commence a claim.

4 questions have been answered below, why not ask your own?

Leave a question

Your question will appear once approved and we'll answer it as soon as we can. Your email address will not be published, your name will, so feel free just to use a first name.

    • If you were injured in this incident, you could seek to make a claim for compensation against the insurers of the vehicle involved. To pursue such a claim, you would need the vehicle registration details. If the vehicle fled the scene and you do not have the information about the identity of the driver, you could still seek to make a claim using the Motor Insurers Bureau schemes for uninsured or untraced driver claims.

  1. Hi

    I had a serious car crash in Spain resulting in a broken back plus other injuries.
    Unfortunately it was my fault, should I have received driver training abroad from my employer?
    I was not breaking the law just a confusion on spainish rules against uk.

    • It is unlikely that you would be able to hold your employer responsible for this accident. As you state, it was unfortunately your fault as a result of driver error.

Direct2Compensation Personal Injury Claims

Speak with a claims expert

We're happy to answer any questions you might have, or let you know if you are eligible to claim. Just fill out the form below. You can also call us on 01225 430285.