Motorcycle Accident Claims & Injury Compensation

6 questions have been answered below, why not ask your own?

Motorcycle accident compensation is an extremely specialised area of personal injury law. Your solicitor must understand all of the liability arguments which will be used by the other driver’s insurance company to prevent your claim from being successful.


Riders and pillion passengers of motorbikes involved in collisions with other vehicles often suffer serious and life changing injuries. The value of compensation can be very high as the injuries can be so bad.

What you need to claim motorcycle accident compensation

To make a successful claim your accident has to be someone else’s fault, resulted in medical treatment, and happened in the last three years (unless you’re under 18). Starting your claim early will give your solicitor time to build a successful case and collect as much evidence to support your claim as possible.

If they are possible to get, witness statements and photographs of the accident site can provide vital evidence to support your claim.

If you haven’t yet sought medical treatment, and the accident happened recently, do visit your GP or hospital as you may still be in shock and not notice your injuries. Your claim can cover any treatment you might need, such as physiotherapy, pain management, or osteopathy.

If you don’t know the identity of the liable party (vehicle registration, driver name etc), then you should report the incident to the police. In the case of a hit and run accident, an injured motorcyclist may still be able to recover compensation through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau, who compensate victims of untraced and uninsured drivers.

The process of claiming

We have arrangements in place to provide replacement motorcycles within hours of the accident if you are fit to drive. We can also arrange replacement helmets, leathers and all other damaged items. Direct2Compensation will take care of you from start to finish. If ever you have a question, you can call us or the solicitor we have appointed for you. You will discover we are always happy to help you.

After assessing your case along with the supporting evidence and information, your claim will be submitted to our panel of specialist personal injury solicitors. A motorcycle accident solicitor will evaluate your claim and contact you to discuss and confirm the details of our claim file.

We will manage your personal injury claim on your behalf, ensuring that your relationship with the solicitor is simple to understand and that any complicated paperwork that may be sent to you is explained in a simple and clear fashion should you so need.

Your solicitor will work towards prompt settlement of your claim to get appropriate compensation for your injuries and losses. They will also seek effective treatment for your injuries to return you to your pre-accident medical condition.

In the event that your no win no fee claim is not successful, you will never be liable for the costs incurred. Whilst many accident claims companies appear to offer a 100% deal if you win your claim, hidden in the small print, there will be charges which you must pay if you win. This is because of the changes made to the claims process as a result of the LASPO Act 2012.

How much compensation will I receive for my injuries?

It’s impossible to say as every claim is different, but there are guidelines issued by the courts and we use solicitors that are experts in handling motorcycle accident claims, and know how to use these guidelines to ensure you receive the right amount of compensation for your injuries and losses. Once initial evidence has been collected you will be advised as to the likely level of compensation to expect.

There is no charge for assessing your claim, so you have nothing to lose and much to gain if you can make a successful one. As a specialist claims company which has been successfully recovering compensation for victims of motorcycle accidents for some years now, we have all the expertise required to conclude your claim as swiftly and efficiently as possible.

To find out more about your compensation rights or to start your claim today, call us on 01225 430285 or if you prefer, we can call you back.

6 questions have been answered below, why not ask your own?

Leave a question

Please note we can only deal with claims within the UK legal system. Your question will appear once approved and we'll answer it as soon as we can. Your email address will not be published, your name will, so feel free just to use a first name.

Questions & Answers

  1. Paul

    I was travelling in my van down the motorway, I had to brake hard, swerve and then pull over to avoid an accident that was nothing to do with myself.

    A motorcyclists helmet was on our side of the motorway, with the head inside.

    I had to try and brave it and be a traffic marshall in the fast lane until the police come. Am I entitled to compensation for distress etc?

    • Ian Morris

      It can be possible for witnesses to an accident or for people who become materially involved in the aftermath of a collision or incident to themselves pursue a claim for emotional stress, trauma and upset. However, it is far from certain that you would be able to make a claim – even though the things you will have seen will clearly stay with you for a long time, if not ever.

      If you gave a statement to the Police regarding what you saw or did and were noted to have been a first responder, you may well have a potential claim. If your details were never taken by the Police and there is no record of you being present, you will not be able to make a claim.

      We would be happy to further consider your situation and look in to whether or not you can pursue a claim for the emotional distress you have suffered. Please call us on 01225430285 or email us at so that we can find out more and seek advice and opinion from our specialist Solicitors for you.

  2. Angela Bradley

    I had a motorbike accident when I was on the back of my friends bike getting a lift and he crashed the bike. I had an operation and pins put in my leg, this was 15 years ago, at the time I had a solicitor and had 12 thousand pounds. Over the years my legs have gotten worse, I have arthritis in my knee as I fractured my main fibula bone, just lately my leg has started giving way on me. I went for an x-ray as my doctor’s sent me and was told my pins had grown over my bones so now I will have to have another operation to remove them. I thought they were in for life so now I’m house bound as my flat has many steps and I find it hard getting up and down them. I’m currently waiting for a bungalow off the council as I need ground floor. I’ve seen otts who have said I have to have ramp property with walk in shower as I can’t even get in my bath as my knee won’t bend. I’m in so much pain I’m on benefits and have been for a long time now because off this accident. I was wondering if I could claim some kind of money for this as I’ve gotta now move soon because off this and will have to buy things for my new place. I’m also on a walking stick too that helps me around the house. I see a Counsellor too for my depression as I’m so down because of this, I have even tried to kill myself, please help me.

    • Ian Morris

      Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do in terms of returning to your previous claim to seek further damages as that action was closed and settled when you received your settlement.

  3. Donna

    Hi Ian, my husband was hit head on by a car driver whilst he was on his motorbike 2 years ago. Full liability was admitted straight away. He had full motor legal expenses cover so no % will be deducted upon settlement of his claim. He sustained numerous injuries some still ongoing today but we are satisfied by the medical expert’s prognosis. He also suffered PTSD. So my questions we have are; today we received an amount the legal exec is suggesting for the injuries. We believe (but of course we are not experts) that she has seriously underestimated his claim. I have gone back to her requesting a full breakdown of what value she has put on each injury. Are we entitled to receive this. She has also deducted the physio and psychiatrist’s fees (over £2k) from his total claim. I am confused by this as it was the medical expert she instructed who recommended that my husband should have this and no conversation ever took place about who would be responsible to pay this. As an aside we have had terrible service from this company, not returning calls, taking on average 3.5 weeks to respond to an email and we are now on our 4th case handler. We are happy with the out of pocket side of the claim. What are our choices (if any) to ensure that my husband receives the full amount he is entitled to? thank you.

    • Ian Morris

      You do need to query with them why they have deducted the £2k+ fee for pyschiatrist and physiotherapy fees without having obtained your authorisation to do so prior to instructing the experts to provide treatment. It could be that they will go on to seek recovery of those fees and reimburse you for them in due course.

      As for the appropriate value, you should be entitled to receive the Barristers opinion that would have provided the value range for the claim.

Direct2Compensation Personal Injury Claims

Speak with a claims expert

We're happy to answer any questions you might have, or let you know if you are eligible to claim. Just fill out the form below. You can also call us on 01225 430285.