You can claim psychological injury damages as part of your compensation

40 questions have been answered below, , why not ask your own?

When most people think of a personal injury compensation claim, they usually consider injuries such as a broken arm or whiplash. They will certainly be thinking of a physical injury that is visible. However, as well as physical injuries, a claimant should be aware that psychological trauma is also something for which they can claim.

At Direct2Compensation, we realise that making a claim for personal injury compensation is not just about the money. Indeed, we regularly see many different motivating factors that lead to people contacting us for help, and we know that there are many benefits to making a claim other than a financial settlement.

One of these benefits is being able to access psychological rehabilitation therapies to speed your recovery, at the expense of the third-party you are claiming against.

Psychological injuries shouldn’t be ignored

By ignoring the psychological effects of their accident, a claimant of personal injury compensation could well be undervaluing their compensation settlement. When working out the value of a claim and what settlement a claimant is likely to receive, a solicitor will take in to account medical evidence and special damages. If a claimant has not properly reported their accident and injury details, including psychological injuries, it is harder to claim compensation for them.

As with all injuries, getting professional diagnosis and treatment of a psychological injury is vital when it comes to pursuing a claim for personal injury compensation.

Examples of psychological injuries that can lead to a compensation claim

  • One example of psychological injuries could be a claimant who was injured in a serious car accident. Let’s say they drove for a living and as a result of their accident suffered physical injuries, but were also left feeling unable to get back behind the wheel due to the psychological trauma. They may lose their job or have to change career. If they reported the injuries to their doctor and had treatment or a referral for psychological therapy, this would form a large element of their claim when the various criteria that make up the settlement value are evaluated.
  • Psychological trauma after a motorcycle accident.  These accidents are notorious for serious physical injuries, with often permanent disabilities resulting from a serious crash.  Psychological trauma often links with such incidents with people no longer confident to ride their motorcycle or being left suffering flashbacks or nightmares.  This can also apply to witnesses.
  • Post traumatic stress disorder after being involved in a serious accident at work.  Workplace accidents can cause nasty injuries, often with permanent repercussions for the victim.  A serious accident at work could lead to an employee losing the confidence to return to the workplace.
  • Some high pressure jobs may give rise to claims for stress at work.
  • People surviving after being involved in fatal accidents, or anyone who has witnessed something in which someone has been very badly injured or killed in an accident.
  • Panic attacks.  Sometimes what can initially seem an innocuous accident like an elderly lady falling on a damaged section of pavement can result in more than just a fractured wrist. We’ve come across people who have lost all confidence after a tripping accident and are no longer able to go out in to their local town alone. The fear of a repeat of an accident and the subsequent injuries is a real problem and although most people realise that they are unlikely to suffer the same kind of injury twice, they sometimes suffer a psychological barrier to getting out of the house.
  • One very common accident type that leads to ongoing psychological injuries involves people who have suffered brain or head trauma. In many cases, those who suffer such injuries are often left with severe post accident psychological trauma, behavioural changes or memory loss. Whilst such injuries are hard to see, they do exist and claimants often don’t know where to go for help.

Why claim psychological injuries compensation?

An obvious outcome of any successful personal injury claim is that the claimant will receive a compensation settlement. Whilst this is always welcome and can help the claimant move on after a nasty accident, there is no financial settlement amount that means that injuries or trauma can be forgotten and put away.

With Direct2Compensation, your psychological injuries compensation claim will be made on a No Win No Fee basis, so you will never be charged any fees at all if your claim does not succeed. A successful claim can lead to a compensation settlement being made to you, with the value of the claim including all lost income and incurred costs along with the potential access to rehabilitation therapies.

Remember, any person injured in an accident that was not their fault – whether physically injured, psychologically traumatised (or both) can make a claim for compensation, and Direct2Compensation can help.

  • Making a claim for psychological injuries compensation is a legal right for any person diagnosed with such a condition as a result of an accident that was not their fault
  • A successful claim will lead to the claimant receiving a financial settlement covering the extent of their psychological injury and how it has affected their life.
  • A successful claim settlement will include a special damages claim covering any loss of income caused by the psychological trauma.
  • The claimant could well access specialist rehabilitation therapies such as counselling, CBT treatments and other suitable therapy.

Access mental health therapies

Fortunately, most psychological injuries can be treated with therapies, where a psychologist will help an injured person to learn to re-programme the brain to reduce the symptoms of conditions such as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

One of the potential outcomes of making a claim for psychological injury compensation, other than a financial settlement, could be accessing excellent medical treatments such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), psychotherapy, counselling and other treatments. These can help people overcome the severe effects that psychological injuries can have on those who have been involved in nasty or distressing accidents.

Compensation amounts

Severity of injuryCompensation amount
Severe psychiatric damage£41,675 - £96,800
Moderately severe psychiatric damage£14,500 - £45,840
Moderate psychiatric damage£4,450 - £15,950
Less severe psychiatric damage£1,170 - £4,900
Severe PTSD£45,500 - £84,150
Moderately severe PTSD£17,600 - £50,050
Moderate PTSD£6,225 - £19,360
Less severe PTSD£3,000 - £6,850

Find out if you can claim

Clearly, most victims of personal injuries sustain what can be described as fairly minor injuries from which they can expect to make a full recovery, and therefore, no psychological trauma is likely to exist. However, in accidents that involve serious trauma it is likely that the injured party will have suffered shock and psychological injuries, and these can form part of the claim.

If you want help and advice on the issue of psychological trauma after an accident and wish to discuss a possible claim for personal injury compensation, please give us a call.  Your GP or health professional will also be able to assist you.

At Direct2Compensation we know how to help you pursue a psychological injury claim successfully. We’ll ensure that your rights are protected and help you begin to move on with your life with our supporting claims process and expert solicitors.

If you have suffered psychological injures as a result of an accident that was not your fault, you are entitled to claim. We can also advise you on how to report your injuries to the right people if you haven’t already done so. Contact us on 01225 430285, or if you prefer, we can call you back.

40 questions have been answered below, why not ask your own?

Leave a question

Please note we can only deal with claims within the UK legal system. Your question will appear once approved and we'll answer it as soon as we can. Your email address will not be published, your name will, so feel free just to use a first name.

Questions & Answers

  1. Lynn

    I was mugged in April and have been quite affected by it as it happened walking home from work I get panicky and anxious walking by people.

    • Ian Morris

      In cases where injuries, whether they be physical or emotional/psychological that were caused by an act of criminal violence or assault, the injured person may seek to make a claim via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority or CICA. The CICA is a tax payer funded compensation provider that runs a scheme that people in your situation have a right to make a claim with.

      To succeed with a claim, a claimant must make a claim within 2 years of the date of the incident and they MUST have reported the incident to the police within 24 hours of it happening, be able to provide a crime reference number and they must have cooperated fully with the Police during their investigations of the incident. They must also have sought medical attention and be able to demonstrate that their injury is sufficiently serious.

      Claimants should be aware that they are able to make a claim via the CICA scheme without legal representation. However, if they prefer and would like to have the benefit of having a qualified specialist Solicitor representing them on a No Win No Fee basis, they may wish to do so. Having a specialist Solicitor onboard is likely to ensure that a claimants rights are fully upheld and that their prospects of succeeding with a claim are maximised.

  2. Christine

    I have worked at my present employment for 10 years. Recent redundancies have increased my workload by 300%. (3 members of staff redundant/changed roles). This caused me stress and anxiety and as a result I have been on antidepressants for 14 months and off work for 7 months. I am in the process of going to appeal after my grievance was rejected.
    Do I have grounds to claim against my employer?

    • Ian Morris

      We can help you to find out whether or not you can make a claim against your employer for work related stress & anxiety. If you would like to do that, please complete our initial questionnaire on our stress at work compensation page which will allow us to have our specialist review your situation and they will then contact you directly to advise you on your potential claim options.

  3. Sarah Brooke

    My family was involved in a RTC and my husband and myself are going through with a claim I am concerned my 6 and 5 year old voice aren’t been heard by the insurance company. They were not physically hurt but mentally..

    • Ian Morris

      If your children have been affected by the trauma of the road traffic collision you were involved in, you should ensure that they are taken to the Doctor to formally discuss the issues you have noticed and seek referral to specialist medical care for them. This will provide the relevant medical evidence needed to support them in a claim for damages as a result of their emotional trauma. If you have a Solicitor acting for you, they should be able to add the claims for your children to the action and hold the insurers to account for them.

  4. Sintija

    Can I claim my employer for psychological trauma?
    I got my contract with employer on 1st February 2019. I was pregnant and made request for maternity leave and pay. On 4th March I get back a positive letter.
    Went on Maternity on 1st July. Baby due date was 6th July 2019.
    Wage date every month is 28, if it’s on weekend date change.
    On July I should get my first maternity pay (90%), but instead of my expected money day before I got letter from work that unfortunately they can’t pay me nothing.
    I was in big shock. Cause on 1st dates we need to pay all the bills.
    My partner doesn’t earn so much so we could pay all the bills, so we asked our friends to help.
    Our baby born on 8th July and he also have his needs.
    Now we still wait response about Maternity Allowance.
    We both with my partner live On stress about where We could get money for all our expenses till we get back something about that Maternity Allowance.
    Please tell if claim could help us?

    • Ian Morris

      If you would like the view of our specialist regarding work related stress or anxiety, you’ll need to complete our questionnaire and return it to us. We’ll then have our specialist review the details of your situation and they would contact you directly to advise you further about your rights in this matter.

      You can request a questionnaire from us by emailing:

  5. Lee

    Hi, I have recently started a new job around 3 months ago been doing really long shifts, 5 hours in travel to some place’s doing 12 hour shifts then 5 hours home. I have recently had a crash on the motorway as I fell asleep at the wheel after doing 18 hours up to the point of the collision I had gone from the slow lane to the fast lane and onto the barrier in the middle of the motorway. I wasn’t physically injured but since the incident I have showed symptoms for ptsd and been signed off work by my doctor as I don’t have the confidence to get behind the wheel again. I was wondering if I have grounds to make a claim against my employer as it looks like i am going to have to make a career change and this seems to be affecting me really badly mentally. I feel nothing but guilt that I could of hurt someone else really badly and no longer trust myself to go out on the road. I would just like to know if I do have anyway of being able to make a claim please? Thank you

    • Ian Morris

      We have previously looked in to claims arising from the same circumstance as the one you describe in your comment and unfortunately, it has not been possible to pursue the claim as there is simply no way to attach liability or negligence to an employer.

      Whilst you may have been working long hours with a long commute to the workplace, the employer would not be held liable for the fact that you later fell asleep when driving and collided with the central reservation.

  6. Taib

    Hi I witnessed Grenfell tower fire since the start where I lost my sister in law her husband and two of their kids, i am out of work and going through therapy, can I make a claim for psychiatric injury?

    • Ian Morris

      There is the potential to pursue a claim for post traumatic stress disorder if an event caused through negligence is witnessed and medical evidence is in place to corroborate the injury.

      In order to take this matter further, the initial information you would have to provide to our Solicitors would be the names of your family members who sadly lost their lives in this awful incident and your relationship with them. You would also have to be able to provide some evidence of your familial link with the deceased. Whilst this may seem a harsh request given the grief you have suffered, it is important for the Solicitors to have evidence to prove that you are sufficiently closely linked to the deceased to enable you to claim for the trauma caused to you by their loss.

      If you believe that you can provide this initial information and would like to discuss your possible right to make a claim for psychological injury compensation with one of our specialist Solicitor firms, please email the information along with your contact number to us at

  7. John

    Hi, I’ve just quit my job after 10 years as a funeral director from Britains largest funeral company. I have just been diagnosed with PTSD and I am having EDMR therapy at my own expense. The correlation between the sights I have witnessed and PTSD are linked. There was no counselling in place which is unheard of in such a large firm. Do I have a case against them?

    • Ian Morris

      The potential claim scenario you describe is very similar to that for a work related stress claim in that you would need to be able to provide evidence (emails or letters etc) where you have requested counselling and disclosed regularly to your employer that you were struggling and that nothing was being done to assist you or explain things on the part of your employer.

      Unfortunately, it is unlikely that you would be automatically entitled to counselling just because of the nature of the job. Did you ever make written complaints or have you ever been seen by occupational health etc?

  8. Charlotte

    Myself and my two 8 year olds were rammed and crashed into. Our car has been written off. I can’t sleep, I’m nervous in the car, so are my girls who have been having nightmares. Would like some support for us, is a claim the way to go and possible?

    • Ian Morris

      Yes, we can make a claim for both you and your two children. We have specialist Solicitors able to assist with such matters on a No Win No Fee basis and we can explain your rights and how we can help.

      You can all claim for physical and emotional injury caused by the negligence of the 3rd party driver. It is important that all symptoms and issues are raised with your Doctor and noted on your medical records.

      If you would like to take this further, please use the ‘start a claim’ page of our website and we’ll then call you back and offer you the help you need.

  9. Bonny

    Hi. Just over three years ago I went through a medical negligence incident. I went to a BPAS clinic in London, to have a termination of my pregnancy (due to certain reasons I wish not to discuss). The process was two days long. The first day consisted of an injection in the featus. However, they injected me thinking it was an aneasthetic but instead it was the toxic injection. I felt burning and was in excruciating pain. After telling them that deffinitely wasn’t the anaesthetic injection they then realised they had injected me with the wrong injection. I got rushed to hospital, was told I was very lucky as it would’ve given me a heart attack if the liquid from the needle had gotten into my blood stream. I never claimed simply because I was scared, ashamed and didn’t want the doctor to lose his job etc. Now after years of growing up, I now understand that what that clinic had done was wrong and I don’t want this happening to another poor girl. Since then, I have been suffering with anxiety, of going to the doctors or dentist due to having needles. The second day I had my procedure, I woke up from anaesthetic crying because I was worried it had gone wrong again. Most nights around 2/3 a week, I can see his face and it gives me nightmares or this day. I was wondering if anything could come of it, but most importantly to make sure this definitely doesn’t happen to anyone again.

    • Ian Morris

      There are a couple of obvious obstacles in the way of us assisting you with a claim for compensation. It would appear that you were the victim of an incident of clinical negligence and the fact that you sustained physical and emotional trauma and pain as a result is clear.

      However, you mention that this incident was just over 3 years ago. If you are over the age of 21 years, you will not be able to make a claim as you will be statute barred under the strict UK personal injury law limitation period, which requires you to make a claim within 3 years of the date of the negligence, or date you became aware of the negligence. Further, we do not handle clinical negligence claims given the specific expertise needed to act on such matters.

  10. Bartosz Brzeski

    Hi Today at work (I’M TRUCK DRIVER HGV) I have been driving on M62 with my delivery to Manchester. About 3am some lady took a nap behind wheel and hit me from back. Car was really strong damaged all front 2airbags, windscreen and in my trailer tail lift was smashed. Do you think you can help me to get any claim for physical injury? I’m professional driver so I will remember this day long time.

    • Ian Morris

      At Direct2Compensation we are expertly placed to assist you with a claim for personal injury compensation as a result of the incident you have described.

      To start your claim, please use the ‘start your claim’ page of our website so that we can call you to discuss this matter and help you start your claim.

      We look forward to helping you claim the compensation you are entitled to.

  11. Sigita

    I am suffering from health anxiety. I was in a car accident that was not my fault. My anxiety has now become more difficult to manage plus I have aheadache and neck pain. I am awaiting a GP appointment as I am not happy about my health now.

    • Ian Morris

      The specialist road traffic accident Solicitors we work with on car accident claims are experts in both recovering compensation for physical injuries, but also in ensuring that any psychological impacts that a car accident may cause are also considered and claimed for. In your case, if you already had some issues with anxiety, you would be able to claim for the worsening of your condition and the impact that the heightened anxiety is having on your day-to-day life. You would also be able to recover compensation for the neck pain (which is likely to be soft tissue trauma such as whiplash) and the headaches.

  12. Elizabeth

    Three years ago I was armed robbed in my house when my three daughters was with me, still struggling and feel unsafe after all this time.

    • Ian Morris

      Did you ever make a claim via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)?

  13. Mark

    I feel that my company is a part of my ill health, I have been in and out of hospital for nearly 5 years, 2 heart attacks at work, hard major surgery, bypass, stents, and suffer with PTSD, I know that some off this is life style, but my works environment has had a factor, I all so suffer with COPD and hearing loss

    • Ian Morris

      Whilst you may feel that your employer is part responsible for your ill health, to succeed with a claim for compensation against your employer for the damage done to you, you will need to provide evidence to support such a claim. Therefore, how can you demonstrate that your employer is responsible for your ill health? Can you identify any breaches of health and safety that could provide such evidence?

  14. Marta

    Hi, I’ve burgled few years ago. I was at home when that happened. The person who broke into my house at night, stayed few hours and I could hear him coming in and searching for things to take from the house. The person has been arrested and jailed for a year. Since that time, I’ve got fear that he will come back. I can’t sleep at night and every time when I go to bed, I make sure that all windows and doors are locked. I even check the house during the day via camera. I don’t feel safe anymore and got panic attacks.
    I have never been to a doctor about it, as I always think that I should be strong and ignore those fears and panic attacks. That’s the first time I’m writing to anyone about it.
    Please advise me if there is any chance if you could help me. I would like to make a claim, so I could improve my house and garden security. Thank you.

    • Ian Morris

      You would have had the potential to claim via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) scheme for psychological trauma in this matter. Your injuries whilst psychological, are injuries and can be attributed to a criminal act.

      However, given that you have never discussed these issues with a medical professional it will undermine any claim you could have made. Further, you have a maximum claim limitation period of only 2-years instead of the usual 3-years when it comes to CICA matters.

  15. Nicola Bowler

    I was recently involved in a road traffic accident, which was not our fault. I am in the process of claiming now, should I proceed with the settlement now or wait until the end of my prognosis period? The doctor I seen has referred me to a psychologist on my medical report, due to panic attacks etc whilst on the motorway as a passenger. I have been on the motorway once since the accident and made my partner pull off at the next junction.

    • Ian Morris

      Are you being represented by a specialist Solicitor with regards to your claim for car accident compensation? If so, we would recommend that you take their advice with regards to accepting any settlement. If you are not being represented by a Solicitor, perhaps you should contact us and let us show you why it is important to be represented by a specialist Solicitor when claiming compensation.

      If you accept an award, it is a full and final settlement – no going back. Therefore, we would recommend that you wait to see how you are after the prognosis period has passed. If you are not ‘better’ at that stage, you could perhaps seek a greater compensation settlement.

  16. Stacey Morris

    I’ve been getting bullied at work. I work for NHS. I made 5 complaints about the bully to management and it was always dealt with informally. I got signed of with anxiety and depression after the last incident of bullying. I’ve lodged a bullying complaint and the investigation is underway. I’ve also temporarily been moved location until the outcome.
    My manager had a recommendation from occupational health to do a stress questionnaire with myself. After 8 months the questionnaire was placed on my desk to complete by myself. When I asked for the outcome of the questionnaire there was no outcome. I feel failed by my employer.

    • Ian Morris

      Claiming psychological trauma compensation is something that can be done if it can be demonstrated that the trauma was the fault of another party. In your case, your issue is not so much a personal injury matter, but an employment law issue. The actions (or inactions) of your employer that have lead you to feel anxious, bullied and pressurised is something that an employment law specialist could discuss with you with regards to a possible claim against the employer for constructive dismissal or similar.

      This is not an area that we specialise in and as such, we would recommend that you seek out the services of an employment law Solicitor.

  17. Amreen

    Hi, There was a fire at my work place it all burnt down everyone got out. Since then its been two weeks i feel stressed and never feel like returning to a working environment also anxiety and just feeling shocked.

    • Ian Morris

      It sounds like symptoms that are best described as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. When anyone is involved in or witness to a shocking or distressing incident – such as a huge fire in the workplace, it is understandable that psychological injuries can be sustained.

      In your case, you should definitely seek medical help from your GP and discuss your anxiety and concerns with them. Seeking medical attention is important on two fronts. Most importantly, you need to get the right help to make sure that your psychological situation is improved and that you can recover and move on. Secondly, if you do look to pursue a claim for compensation as a result of this workplace incident, you will need medical evidence to support your claim. You can find really useful information on our site on how claimants medical records are used to support their claim for compensation.

      You may be able to succeed with a claim for compensation for your psychological trauma if it can be shown that the cause of the fire at your workplace was as a result of employer negligence.

  18. Tom Thackery

    Hi, I wonder if you could advise. My partner gave birth to our son on the tenth of October this year. Basically, my partner was not given the care and attention she needed and pleas were left unanswered. Even I was told by a lead midwife she would not examine her for another hour at least. From 13:00hrs, I asked the question at 14:00hrs told them things had changed, still the same answer. Left in a room, no one checked her or placed her on a monitor. Eventually at 15:05hrs an examination carried out and she was put on a monitor, within 15 minutes the crash team was called and 14 members of staff rushed my partner to theatre for an emergency c section which did not happen as she had gone too far and our sons head was stuck on her cervix sending his heartache plummeting to 72bpm (should be between 110and 140bpm) he was delivered at 15:40 by suction. They then turned the stitching up of my partner as she had torn into a training session for a new registrar without asking her. This traumatised her so much that she wouldn’t hold our son when offered. Upon leaving the hospital my partner had a post natal chat where she was told that without the crash team both her and our son could have died. 3 months later we are a happy family but even now we don’t speak a out the Labour as my partner breaks down in tears, quietly sobbing but saying she feels angry. Today we had a meeting with a lead midwife and a lead governess midwife who both wholeheartyapologised and admitted her treatment and care by them was a true failing, they have a six point mission statement which they say they didn’t even meet one point. We will receive an audio disc with all this on and a letter of apology from the trust. My partner again broke down while reliving this and they asked her if she had thought of councillors which she has now agreed to look into. All she ever wanted to be was a mother and even now she still says it’s like someone else gave birth to him. She’s a great mum, loving and caring but feels as though she was let down, ignored and neglected by the hospital and robbed of the becoming a mum, they also admitted that if a monitor had been in place things would have been a lot better and managed easier. Oh yeah, all this and no pain relief on top! Thanks

    • Ian Morris


      Thank you for taking the time to share your story regarding the birth of your Son. I am pleased to read that you are now well and living happily.

      The issue you raise is clearly one of great distress and given that the recent meeting you had with the Midwife and Management of the Midwifery team appears to have produced an admission of negligence, then you may well be able to claim compensation for the injuries and psychological trauma sustained.

      I would be of the view that any such claim would be a ‘clinical negligence’ matter and this is something we can help with. However, claims for compensation arising from clinical negligence are notoriously complex and difficult to run successfully, so we do need to manage expectations from the outset.

      May I suggest that you forward contact details to me by email so that we can speak on the phone and take some further information?

  19. elaine jason

    I’m really struggling with my solicitor. It’s been 3 years now and it appears she has failed to pass on vital info to the other side. They have admitted full liability but now i’ve to see a barrister. Do I point out all the faults of the solicitor?
    In terms of special damages….my husband and I split up although it wasn’t all to blame on the accident but it was definitely the last straw especially when he got rid of my dog because I couldn’t walk her? But can I mention this? Also I had just finished my degree with a view to go into management and a higher paid job. Can I mention this? Although I can if I gained more confidence in myself go for that job, I would have been in the job had I not fallen.

    • Ian Morris

      I am sorry to hear about your situation with your Solicitor. Obviously, without knowing the full details of your claim and the way that the defendants are handling your claim, it would be wrong of me to be critical of your Solicitor.

      However, if you feel that your Solicitor has not handled your claim correctly, you should certainly raise this issue with them. By doing so, you may find that they are able to give you a thorough explanation of the status of your claim that puts your mind at rest. Alternatively, it may allow them to address any errors made or give you evidence that they have made errors in the handling of your claim. In the end, if you are not satisfied with your Solicitors response to a complaint or grievance, you can then refer them to the Law Society/Solicitors Regulatory Authority and ask them to investigate your complaint and the handling of your claim.

      Regarding your special damages, you should certainly present every possible loss to your Solicitor and this could include the damage to your Marriage and earning capabilities. Whether or not you will be able to successfully claim for the damage to your relationship and career is uncertain, but you must make sure that you attempt to claim for those issues alongside the claim for your injuries and other losses.

      I hope that this information is of use to you and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your claim and your future.

      Best wishes

      Ian Morris

  20. miss jamie leigh briggs

    Hello, I don’t know if I am on the right path here or if you will be able to help me. It will be 3 years in September my partner was attacked in our home after answering the door, he was stabbed numerous times in the arm which left him having to under go 4 hour surgery. This has made me terrified of answering the door and under no circumstances will I open the door if I am home alone. I don’t like been in the house alone either. This has had a great impact of my day to day living. Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

    • Ian Morris

      Dear Jamie

      I am really sorry to hear about your situation and I can understand why you feel the way you do. There is a government funded scheme to compensate the victims of criminal assaults – it’s called the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). They have very strict guidelines regarding who they will and will not compensate, so I cannot at this stage say whether or not you will have any chance of claiming from them. You would certainly have had to report the details of your anxiety and distress to your GP and sought medical treatment.

      At Direct2Compensation we do not run CICA claims – because of the changes made to the legal system and claims process as a result of the Governments LASPO Act 2012.

      I will email you directly with a link for the CICA so that you can contact them directly to pursue this further. You do not need a Solicitor to pursue a CICA claim – you simply fill in an application and submit it to them.

      Best wishes

      Ian Morris

Direct2Compensation Personal Injury Claims

Speak with a claims expert

We're happy to answer any questions you might have, or let you know if you are eligible to claim. Just fill out the form below. You can also call us on 01225 430285.