Road Traffic Accident Compensation Claims

If you’re injured in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, you have every right to pursue a claim for compensation. We can let you know if you are eligible, how to make a claim and how much compensation you might expect.

We can help you to claim compensation that will pay for your injuries, your recovery, lost earnings, expenses and more.

Ian Morris, Claims Expert

Chat with claims expert Ian Morris to see if you can claim injury compensation after a road traffic accident.

Phone us on 01225 430285

Or we can call you back:

    Can I claim injury compensation after a road traffic accident?

    To be eligible to make a no win no fee injury claim after a road traffic accident you have to meet certain criteria:

    • First, the accident must be someone else’s fault, or only partly your fault – you can’t claim if you caused a car crash solely by yourself.
    • Second, you need to have sustained injuries of a certain severity and claim value in order to be compensated for them.
    • Thirdly, the accident must have happened in the last three years, unless you were under 18 years old at the time.

    The cause of the accident doesn’t need to be another person or vehicle. It could equally be a faulty traffic light, a pothole or an icy road that should have been gritted.

    Our team are experts in assessing whether you have a valid road accident claim and likely to succeed in winning compensation, just give us a call to find out on 01225 430285, or if you prefer, .

    43 questions have been answered on this subject, view questions or why not ask your own?

    What the law says about Whiplash and small claims

    As of June 1st 2021, any person sustaining whiplash or soft tissue injuries in a road traffic accident must have injuries that exceed a minimum value of £5,000 to make a claim.

    Under that, and unless your symptoms are sufficiently serious and last for a number of months, you’ll likely have do it yourself without a solicitor via the insurer’s portal.

    However, if you have suffered any broken bones, lacerations, eye damage or head injuries, our solicitors will be able to act for you.

    Did you know?

    RTA claims are by far the most common compensation claims. Government data for 2022/23 shows that out of 484,330 cases registered to their compensation recovery unit, some 367,535 were motor-related.

    What you can claim for

    In addition to the award for your injuries, you will also receive compensation for all other losses and expenses reasonably incurred as a result of the accident. Your solicitor will advise you what expenses you can claim but these are likely to include some or all of the following:

    • Lost earnings
    • Car hire costs
    • Car repairs
    • Treatment for your injuries

    Our solicitors are experts in handling RTA claims and will ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation. You will be advised once initial evidence has been collected as to what you can claim for and how much.

    At Direct2Compensation, we strive to make sure that your claim is about more than just money. Our solicitors will not only work to you get the settlement you deserve, but also speedy and top notch medical treatment.

    Let us help you get back on the road

    If you have suffered injuries in a road traffic accident and feel that they are leaving you unfit to drive, we will inform our specialist solicitors as they may well be able to arrange for you to receive specialist private medical treatment such as physiotherapy or osteopathy.

    Any such treatment would be provided at no cost to you as it would be charged to the liable 3rd party on top of and above any injury compensation settlement. They are not always provided and usually only available in cases where the road traffic accident has left you with serious injuries.

    In less serious cases, you can personally pay for a course of private therapy, such as physiotherapy and retain the receipts in order that you can then reclaim the cost when your claim is settled. Such expenses forms part of your special damages claim, which helps to form the overall value of your claim.

    Did you know?

    You can claim for psychological injuries as well as physical ones? If you’re feeling anxious following your accident, make sure you let your solicitor know.

    Frequently asked questions

    43 questions have been answered on this subject, view questions or why not ask your own?

    Latest questions

    • Asked on: Road Traffic Accident Claims – Your Questions Answered

      Question: Hello I was in a road traffic accident at the start of the week and since then I have had to be seen by paramedics at home due to being dismissed at the accident scene. I have been left with whiplash bruised ribs and muscle spasms aswell as swelling, the police said if a ambulance was called they would just feel me and say I am fine although I was complaining of back pain on scene. I was also left by myself in pain shacking, crying next to my cracked car while police and passers by just turned their attention and helped the third party involved in the crash that had no injuries at all was talking and having a giggle with the people around her while again I was left by myself!! Police breathalysed me and I don't remember the third party getting the same treatment as I was given. I believe I was dismissed and judged because I'm a young driver and the way I was treated was horrible I'm now left with injuries and had to take off work any help will be so appreciated
      • Answer: If you were the non-fault party in the car accident (i.e, the other driver caused the crash), we can help you to recover compensation for the pain and discomfort you have sustained. The symptoms you suggest are common in road traffic accidents and often do not manifest until 12-48 hours post accident, which seems to be the case here.
    • Asked on: Road Traffic Accident Claims – Your Questions Answered

      Question: Hi, someone reversed their car into me in the motorway as we were in stand still traffic, I was beeping my horn at her the whole time, she then got out of the car and took pictures of my vehicle and got back in the car. She wouldn't come out of her car after that so I took some pictures of the scene and I also spoke to a person who's registration number I have taken a picture of who witnessed the incident. Both of our vehicles have no damage on the picture and I thought she was just panicking but it turns out she reported the incident to her insurance and they have contacted me. what should I do?
      • Answer: You should make sure that the other drivers insurers are given the correct version of events and you should contact your own insurers to make an allegation of fraud against the other driver. You should provide your insurers with photographs of the vehicles at the scene with no damage and if you have the details of the witness, provide the same.
    Chat with us for friendly, expert advice 01225 430285