Help Articles

1,399 Your rights after an injury at work and how to claim compensation

I was injured at work, what are my rights? You have the same legal rights whether you have been injured in an accident at work, are suffering from a work-related illness, or a condition such as carpal tunnel syndrome, for example. It is important for you to understand your rights so that you can confidently manage your recovery and working […]

711 How do I know if I have a valid slipping accident claim?

Slipping accidents can obviously take place anywhere, but to claim compensation you need to prove that responsibility for the accident lies with a third party rather than yourself. Shops, restaurants, libraries and business establishments, for example, all have a responsibility to ensure people’s safety. If they fail to do so and accidents occur as a result, they can be found to have been negligent and liable to compensate the injured party.

278 Claiming personal injury compensation when there is no record in an accident book

What is an accident book? An accident book provides an employer, business or venue an official means of recording incidents and injuries. Anyone who has suffered a personal injury on their premises has the right to request that the details of their accident and injuries are reported and recorded. The details recorded in an accident book can prove to be […]

212 My employer won’t let me use or see the accident book, what should I do?

When someone is injured in an accident at work, employers have certain responsibilities that they are obliged to follow.  One of these requirements is to ensure that details of any incident, no matter how minor, are recorded within an accident book or accident recording system. In cases of serious injuries, the employer also has a responsibility to report the accident […]

71 Can agency or temporary workers claim compensation after an accident at work?

A question that often arises when a temporary or agency employed person makes an enquiry regarding personal injury compensation, is whether or not they have the same rights as a full-time or contracted staff member if they are injured in an accident at work. In simple terms, the answer is yes, an agency or temporary worker does have the same […]

211 Employer responsibilities regarding injuries at work

Every company that employs staff is responsible for their health and safety whilst they are working. Whether this in the workplace or out on site, your employer should take the necessary steps to ensure that you are working in a safe environment. Health and safety laws are there to be followed to avoid accidents or injuries. If an employer does […]

238 Compensation claims where liability is in dispute

For the majority of personal injury compensation claims, it is usually easy enough to see who is liable. In cases such as car accidents where one car crashes in to the rear of another stationary vehicle, it is easy to apportion blame and therefore workout who will be the liable party when it comes to making a claim for compensation. In […]

68 How employers should handle safety, accidents at work and claims for compensation

Employers have responsibilities when one of their staff members is injured in an accident at work. Regardless of the accident specifics or severity of injury, all employers should have a pre-planned policy that is published, known of by key staff members and put in to place whenever the worst happens and a staff member has an accident in the workplace. […]

279 Switching solicitors during a claim – can you do it?

In the vast majority of personal injury compensation claims, claimants report high levels of satisfaction with the service they receive from their claims management company or the specialist solicitor they have instructed to run their claim. We work hard to ensure that our solicitors are able to settle the majority of claims for personal injury compensation quickly and in our […]

39 Using your medical records in support of your claim

Some people are not convinced that they would be able to get compensation for the injuries that they sustained as a result of somebody else’s negligence. However, if they spoke to a specialist solicitor, they would say there is a chance of winning their case provided there is enough evidence to prove that the accident was somebody else’s fault. In […]

12 Having the right evidence to support your claim for personal injury compensation

When you first speak to a Direct2Compensation solicitor about your personal injury claim, you need to be completely honest about what has happened and how you have sustained your injuries. While we expect this from our claimants, we don’t expect them to know what to do to ensure that the correct evidence is in place, so part of our service involves helping you […]

7 How do I ensure my accident has been properly reported and recorded?

At the start of the claims process, personal injury solicitors are interested in being able to evaluate your claim and reach a value on your compensation settlement. To do this they need evidence, and the first key piece of evidence is that the accident has been properly reported and recored. The 3rd party, the people you hold responsible for your injuries, […]

19 RIDDOR – when to report an accident at work

This article is for anyone who has been injured in an accident at work and wants to know whether or not their employer has properly reported and recorded the details. Specifically, whether or not the Health and Safety Executive should have been informed of under RIDDOR. What is RIDDOR? RIDDOR is a term relevant to accidents at work and stands […]

11 How to report your accident to the right people

In many cases after being injured in an accident, people find themselves unable to discuss or report it to the relevant authorities before they are rushed off for medical treatment. At this stage, someone who has been injured in an accident is rightly focused on getting their injuries seen to rather than thinking about making sure the details of an […]

Direct2Compensation Personal Injury Claims

Speak with a claims expert

We're happy to answer any questions you might have, or let you know if you are eligible to claim. Just fill out the form below. You can also call us on 01225 430285.