The effects of an accident at work

0 questions have been answered on this subject - ask us your question

Suffering an accident in the workplace can be upsetting, humiliating and debilitating. Many people find it difficult to get back on their feet again. This is not only because of the physical injuries that they might have sustained, but the emotional implications of the incident too.

Some individuals find it hard to return to work or feel comfortable to be out and about in public places. As a result, this impacts significantly on their life and they have to make adjustments to accommodate their new fears and insecurities.

Should you start experiencing anxiety or depression following a personal injury, you should visit your doctor. They will be able to advise you on your health and whether you have been emotionally affected by your accident. Medical records can play a huge role in your case for compensation, and you can include psychological damages as part of your claim.

If anything ever happened to you in terms of being injured in an accident at work, would you be able to support yourself or your family on your savings or the income from your partner? Most families would not be able to survive if one parent had to give up work because they have been involved in an accident that wasn’t their fault, and as a result suffered injuries which prevent them from working.

It can be a very difficult time for all of those involved and if you think there might be a good case for claiming compensation from the individual or individuals responsible for your injuries, it might be worthwhile speaking to a solicitor.

A solicitor who specialises in accidental injury claims will have a vast amount of experience in handling cases such as yours and they are best placed to give you all of the advice you need. They will explain the processes involved in claiming for compensation and how much you might receive for your injuries. You will not be required to pay for any of their services unless they successfully win your claim for compensation.

0 questions have been answered on this subject - ask us your question

Leave a comment or question

Please note we can only deal with claims within the UK legal system. Your question will appear once approved and we'll reply as soon as we can. Your email address will not be published, your name will, so feel free just to use a first name.

Chat with us for friendly, expert advice 01225 430285